I know what the perfect momento of my upcoming Disney adventure would be: a photo book filled with pictures and memories!
Because… realization of childhood dream to visit the Mouse + our first big vacation together deserve some kind of remembrance, right? Instead of buying Disney souvenirs that will be tossed or lost later on, I’m splurging for this photo book project. I’d like to make 2 books – one for CB and one for me.
I’m thinking a book of about 20-35 pages, 80%-90% pictures. Size-wise, I’ll probably go for a small square book. Ideally, the books would be 12 inches by 12 inches – alas, that option is too expensive. I’ve heard good things about Blurb and Shutterfly, and will probably go with one of these companies when the time comes to put my book together.
Comments on Blurb:
- cheaper price per page – if I go this route I will definitely get the 40 page book to get my money’s worth
- read good reviews about the quality of the premium paper option
- somewhat mixed reviews on quality of picture / printing
Comments on Shutterfly:
- book dimensions are slightly larger than Blurbs (which is good!)
- limit on page count – I will stick to a 20-page book with Shutterfly to avoid incurring additional costs
- read reviews of pictures coming out “darker” or “more orange” than originally uploaded photos
I am just not sure about which company to go with. Because I have 2 months until I will be able to do a photo book, I suppose I have more time to research. But I think I’ve exhausted google-able reviews already…
So – this is where you can help, dear reader! What do you think about either (or both) of the companies? Please let me know about your photo book-making experiences!