For 2010, many things are up in the air right now. Despite the uncertainty, I think it’s still important to make realistic but flexible goals.
In addition to financial goals, I’ll have several personal goals as well.
- Save $5,000 for retirement, either in Roth IRA or solo 401K. (If I get a job in the States, the dollar amount of this goal will obviously increase dramatically).
- Get job, either in the States or overseas. This job will ideally help me gain more experience working with business issues and client demands.
- Travel! Ideally a big week-long trip with boyfriend and/or family. Take lots of pictures. Make a photobook to commemorate the trip.
- Tango. Continue taking classes, continue dancing, continue falling in love.
- Find the perfect jewelry box. I received two beautiful pairs of earrings this Christmas. Now I need to find a place to put them where they won’t be scratched or damaged.
- Seek out more freelance opportunities. Writing is great. Getting paid for writing and consulting is even better.
- Keep a gratitude journal. I have a pesky little habit of comparing myself to other people and somehow I’m always found wanting. I need to remind myself that I’ve been blessed in so many areas of life, and I need to take a moment, every day, to be appreciative of what I have. Hence the journal.
- Language. Continue to improve Chinese Mandarin reading, speaking, writing, and presenting abilities.
- Start a decor blog. Not that I don’t love personal finance, but I want to do something a little bit different and creative. I’ve already registered 2 domains that might work, just need a little more time to decide which one I want to use.