What, fun isn’t the first word you think of when you hear the phrase “money and relationships?”So as I’ve alluded to on Twitter, I’m giving away something that’s educational AND romantic (and rated G).
If money is a source of contention in your relationship, or if you’re simply searching for a more structured framework with which to conduct important financial discussions with your significant other, then you should pick up a copy of the new book Get Financially Naked: How to Talk Money With Your Honey by Manisha Thakor and Sharon Kedar.
Get Financially Naked is a follow-up to their 2007 On My Own Two Feet: A Modern Girl’s Guide to Personal Finance. GFN is a short book, but it’s packed full of tips and worksheets to help you and your honey go through your financial beliefs, practices, and habits. The book also includes short pieces by Manisha and Sharon (and their husbands!) about their attitudes toward money and their relationships. Those were really interesting to read.
I’m not at a point yet where I’ll be merging finances with anyone, but CB and I do talk about money. Bottom-line: I would definitely recommend this book for any couple who is married, engaged, planning to get married, cohabiting, or planning on moving in together.
Thanks to Manisha and Sharon, I have 5 copies of this book to give away on this blog. I will also be hosting a Question & Answer session with the authors next week.
To enter the giveaway, please do one (or all!) of the following:
- 1 entry: Leave a comment here with a question for Manisha & Sharon to be featured on the Q&A.
- 1 entry: Follow me & tweet about it @wellheeledblog with this message: Want to talk money w/ your honey? @WellHeeledBlog is giving away 5 copies of Get Financially Naked here http://bit.ly/5kRu44.
- 1 entry: Subscribe to my RSS Feed (please leave me comment to let me know)
- 1 entry: Become a Fan on Facebook (please leave me comment to let me know)
- 1 entry: Write about this giveaway in your blog (please leave comment w/ URL to blog post).
Everyone person can have submit up to 5 entries. Deadline to enter is Thursday, December 10.
I’ll do a random drawing to come up with the winners, and announce the 4 winners and Manisha & Sharon’s answers to your questions next week.
image source: getfinanciallynaked.com