This time Friday, I’ll be at Disney World hanging out with my two favorite guys – boyfriend and the Mouse! A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Here is a Travel List of “to do’s” I’ve found helpful in the few days leading up to a vacation:
- Confirm hotel reservations and flight reservations
- Print record of confirmation numbers and contact information for hotel & airline
- Check accuweather.com for weather updates about your destination
- Do laundry (nothing worse than having a big bag of laundry to do when you get home from a nice vacation).
- Pack accordingly (and bring at least 1 pair of comfortable shoes!)
- Make sure you have your driver’s license or state ID for domestic travel
- Passport for international travel
- Credit card / debit card
- $20-$50 in cash
- $100 in local currency (if you are traveling internationally)
- Cell phone & charger (and get adapter if traveling internationally)
- Laptop & charger if you’re bringing them
- Prescription medication
- Doctor’s note if you’re traveling internationally
- Small first-aid kit with band-aid’s, Neosporin, a few cotton swabs and tweezers
- Turn off all the lights
- Check doors and windows are locked
- Take out the trash – your nose will thank you when you return
- If you’re going away for more than 1 week, ask neighbors to get your mail or contact post office to hold your mail for pick up when you get back
- If you’re going away for more than a month, turn off refrigerator.
Information to bring with you
- Phone numbers of credit card company (in case your card is stolen on the trip)
- Phone numbers of close family members / friends (in case your phone is stolen on the trip)
- Poison Control Center number (hey, you never know…)
- Send an email of your travel information (where you are staying, flight #’s, your travel companions’ name, number, and address, planned itinerary) to two people you trust
- I might have watched too many CSI shows but if anything happens, you’ll be glad there’s a paper trail
Have I forgotten anything? What essentials would you add to this Travel List?