In the interest of crafting a life of deeper happiness and less busywork, I’m trying to simplify my personal finances so I can spend fewer hours on money management and more time on… other things I enjoy.
This means I have:
- Put my main credit card on auto-payment
- Paid off my other credit cards so that I will only have to check them once in a while to make sure that the balance is still $0
- Took these other credit cards out of my wallet and into a specified place in my home so that I will only be using my main card for the majority of my purchases
- Canceled my Netflix monthly membership – one fewer thing to worry about!
My plan for the next week:
- Cancel the credit card that I no longer use (it’s not my oldest so the hit to my credit shouldn’t be too bad)
- Submit a claim for the unclaimed $25 I have in an long-forgotten checking account
- Prepay my rent for November and December
My plan for October:
- File paperwork to get sign-on bonus, put money into checking account so that CB and I can max out our Roth IRA for 2014 once January rolls around
- Re-balance my retirement portfolio