A friend and I are heading to Savannah, GA in a few days for some fun, relaxation, and good ol’ girl bonding time. I first expressed an interest in visiting Savannah and Charleston two years ago, and now the Savannah trip is finally happening! I am really excited about the chance to explore this gorgeous Southern port city planned by James Edward Oglethrope. Apparently, the beauty of Savannah saved it from burning during the Civil War – even in wartime, it seems, there can be an instinct for preserving a jewel of a city. We only have 2 days in Savannah, so we will stick to the Historic District in downtown.
Here is our itinerary:
- 1pm – Arrive in Savannah, have lunch @ TBD (no reservations will be made (perhaps this place?)
- 3pm – Check in hotel @ Spanish Moss Inn in the Historic District
- 5pm – Savannah Rambles walking tour (2-2.5 hrs)
- 8pm – Dinner reservation @ Allure Savannah
- 9:30am – Brunch at B. Matthew’s (included in Hotel Rate)
- 11am – Exploring: Bonaventure Cemetery,Forsyth Park, City Market, etc.
- 3:00pm – Afternoon tea reservation @ The Tea Room
- 5pm – More exploring
- 8pm – Dinner reservation @ Garibaldi Savannah or Crystal Beer Parlor
- 10am – Brunch at B. Matthew’s (included in Hotel Rate); check out of Spanish Moss Inn
- 12pm – Depart Savannah
If you have lived in / visited Savannah and have recommendations on must-see’s and must-eats, please share in the comments! We can be flexible on restaurants.